Always on a lookout
Customer happiness comes a long way from meeting with potential clients to consulting them on the product and what are the best options to even drastic actions like dropping the client if it turns out that your product is not what they need in full capacity. Many companies don't want to perform this dance as it makes them lose potential clients by sending them to competition. However, ones consulted that your service might not be what they need, they will definitely go to the competition, without a doubt, but, they will be your advocates with people who can benefit from your service. You will be remembered as someone who could have sold them a piece of the cake but not the whole thing and that would show to be bad practice in the long run - both sides will be unhappy because the client would leave eventually and you will lose the revenue AND their trust!
Every prospect you encounter with is a beacon of your customer service rate and they will make sure to mention you're remarkable customer service at the times they needed it the most. If your team took advantage of providing above and beyond effect and experience to the customer you will be remembered. Furthermore, even with small SOHO prospects, you have the power to use in order to reach the enterprise. This is simple but, a very effective trick to reach enterprise and promote yourself outside SOHO network: Treat every SOHO as if they were enterprise because with information technologies the world became smaller and everyone is connected. If you gave royal experience to SOHO client what can happen is one of two things:
- One day it turns out they were enterprise testing via SOHO plan and then upgrade
- They have a lunch with a representative of a company that can be your enterprise client. You better count on that your SOHO will recommend you
All of this can be a burden on support team as well as on the sales team so, your job now takes the place as a leading role in this process explained above. Your teams must be aligned and have to follow the mission and vision of the company. Aligned teams are 50% of the success, the rest is practice. Customer happiness is a goal but, the process can be very interesting and dynamic learning curve for many. Even for managers. There are many tools that can be used for your teams to reach this status of being customer happiness engineer:
- Successify.io metrics for different use cases can give you insight into where the weakness of the team is - if there is any
- Use collected reports to ask customers feedback about individual cases and their satisfaction
- Learn from any bad feedback you have got from your users
- Train your team to educate clients instead of simply providing answers to their questions
- Corelate to product team any bad feedback for UI usability and make it easy to use and effortless. You can measure how satisfied your clients are with service by asking them how hard was it for them to get around the UI by using CES (Customer Effort Score) metrics.
- Apply varies training to your teams to ensure that all planned changes in accordance with collected metrics.